Santa won't leave any crumbs on the plate when you leave out these wonderful cookies. My mother passed down this recipe for these rich, buttery crisp cookies to me.—Carol Goss, Four Oaks, North Carolina
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with cream. Stir in almonds. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Butter Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p134
Reviews for Spiced Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review