- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, pepper and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with cream. Stir in almonds. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 3 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Butter Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p134
Reviews for Spiced Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review