Spiced Biscuits Recipe
From Mechanicsville, Maryland, Elaine Green shares the recipe for mildly spiced biscuits that taste best served warm. They rely on convenient baking mix and orange yogurt, so they're virtually fuss-free.
- 3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon egg substitute, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and ginger. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in yogurt and 1/4 cup egg substitute until mixture forms a ball.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining egg substitute.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 biscuits.
1 each: 123 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spiced Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC