From Mechanicsville, Maryland, Elaine Green shares the recipe for mildly spiced biscuits that taste best served warm. They rely on convenient baking mix and orange yogurt, so they're virtually fuss-free.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups Reduced Fat Bisquick® mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon egg substitute, divided
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and ginger. Cut in butter
- until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in
- yogurt and 1/4 cup egg substitute until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in.
- thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining egg substitute.
- Bake at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16
Nutritional Facts: One biscuit equals 123 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.