From Mechanicsville, Maryland, Elaine Green shares the recipe for mildly spiced biscuits that taste best served warm. They rely on convenient baking mix and orange yogurt, so they're virtually fuss-free.
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 3 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) orange yogurt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon egg substitute, divided
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and ginger. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in yogurt and 1/4 cup egg substitute until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining egg substitute.
- Bake at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 biscuits.
Originally published as Ginger Biscuits in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p38
Reviews for Spiced Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review