- Place meat and marinade in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Stir in dried fruit
- and raisins. Bake 45-55 minutes longer or until meat and fruit are
- tender. Discard bay leaf. Remove roast to a platter; let stand for
- 10 minutes before slicing.
- For gravy, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Pour pan juices
- into a saucepan; gradually stir in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- beef. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons gravy equals 317 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.