Spiced Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
If you just have time for a muffin in the morning, make it a good one. These banana and spice-flavored treats from our Test Kitchen offer home-baked goodness in no time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the egg, egg substitute, bananas, applesauce and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched. Cook for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 207 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Spiced Banana Nut Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC