Spiced Bacon Twists Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 10 center-cut bacon strips
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over bacon on both sides. Twist bacon; place on a rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until firm; bake longer if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Bacon Twists(20)
Sort By :
Interesting recipe. Not sure where the spice part comes in. They certainly do take a back seat to the Brown sugar. It is chewy and slightly sticky. I would have liked to have tasted a better ratio of sweet to savory.
I made this for a football watching party and it was a big hit. I ended up baking it 3 minutes longer than recipe stated hoping it would crisp up. I thought it might crisp up when it cooled and it did not. I then put it in a 425 degree oven for 5 minutes. It was a beautiful golden brown, but it never got completely crisp. It was a little chewy, but the flavor was sooooo good!! It is more sweet than savory. Everyone was commenting on how good it was and calling it Bacon Candy. Field Editor since July 2013
Want to impress people for a party? Make a plate of these! Caution: for a party DOUBLE this recipe. Everyone is always impressed by these. Great for brunches, top hamburgers, chopped onto a salad, crumbled over chili or even as appetizers. They will disappear, ultimate Super Bowl muchie!! My tip: Use a foil lined cookie sheet with a cookie cooling rack. Lay bacon on rack. Greese drips off, through away foil. Easiest clean up!!
Very easy recipe that has wonderful taste. I made the mistake of trying to drain them on a paper towel and they stuck. Also, took longer to cook than recipe shows. Nice flavor and they disappeared really quickly when I took them into work.
OK so I haven't actually made it...how do you get the bacon to stay twisted? It just flops.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >