- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 10 center-cut bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first five ingredients; rub over bacon on both sides. Twist bacon; place on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until firm; bake longer if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Bacon Twists
Sort By :
I have had other bacon twists but none with all these ingredients - I did do them on foil and on a rack - makes clean up so much easier. To make them even go further, I cut the strips in half - more for everyone.
My co-workers hassle me to make this recipe all the time - it is delicious! I definitely put foil on the cookie sheet to ease clean-up, and I have found that using center-cut bacon, as the recipe suggests, makes a difference.
Interesting recipe. Not sure where the spice part comes in. They certainly do take a back seat to the Brown sugar. It is chewy and slightly sticky. I would have liked to have tasted a better ratio of sweet to savory.
I made this for a football watching party and it was a big hit. I ended up baking it 3 minutes longer than recipe stated hoping it would crisp up. I thought it might crisp up when it cooled and it did not. I then put it in a 425 degree oven for 5 minutes. It was a beautiful golden brown, but it never got completely crisp. It was a little chewy, but the flavor was sooooo good!! It is more sweet than savory. Everyone was commenting on how good it was and calling it Bacon Candy. Field Editor since July 2013
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >