A sweet and savory rub makes these tasty twists of bacon deliciously different and worth the extra step to prepare. Cook a bit longer if you want them crispy. Glenda Evans Wittner - Joplin, MO
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 10 center-cut bacon strips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first five ingredients; rub over bacon on both sides. Twist bacon; place on a rack in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until firm; bake longer if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Bacon Twists in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p38
Reviews for Spiced Bacon Twists
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review