"I've been cooking for big gatherings for years...and now that I'm widowed, it's hard to cook for just one or two," admits Trudy Barth of Niceville, Florida. "That's why I appreciate simple recipes like this one, which turns canned apricots into a special side dish."
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Drain apricots, reserving syrup; set apricots aside. In a small
- saucepan, combine the vinegar, allspice, cinnamon and reserved
- syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15
- Remove from the heat; stir in apricots. Cover and let stand for 30
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain if desired. Serve warm or
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.