Spiced Apricots Recipe
"I've been cooking for big gatherings for years...and now that I'm widowed, it's hard to cook for just one or two," admits Trudy Barth of Niceville, Florida. "That's why I appreciate simple recipes like this one, which turns canned apricots into a special side dish."
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving syrup; set apricots aside. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, allspice, cinnamon and reserved syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in apricots. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain if desired. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 184 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Spiced Apricots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC