Spiced Apricots Recipe
"I've been cooking for big gatherings for years...and now that I'm widowed, it's hard to cook for just one or two," admits Trudy Barth of Niceville, Florida. "That's why I appreciate simple recipes like this one, which turns canned apricots into a special side dish."
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving syrup; set apricots aside. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, allspice, cinnamon and reserved syrup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in apricots. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain if desired. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC