Spiced Apricot Tea
Warm up a chilly winter morning by serving cups of this hot, fruity tea. It’s wonderful with scones, muffins or other breakfast treats. —Mary Houchin, Lebanon, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 10 whole cloves
- 3 cups water
- 2 individual tea bags
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place cinnamon and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth.
- Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string.
- Place water and spice bag in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add tea bags; steep, covered, about 5 minutes
- according to taste. Discard tea and spice bags.
- Add remaining ingredients to tea; heat through, stirring to dissolve
- sugar. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 159 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.