Spiced Applesauce Muffins Recipe
These delicious muffins are sure to be a hit at any breakfast or brunch meal. The applesauce makes them so moist and delicious.—Kendra Kunkel, Dubuque, Iowa
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, cinnamon, baking soda and allspice; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 252 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC