These delicious muffins are sure to be a hit at any breakfast or brunch meal. The applesauce makes them so moist and delicious.—Kendra Kunkel, Dubuque, Iowa
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in applesauce and vanilla. Combine the flour, cracker crumbs, cinnamon, baking soda and allspice; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Spiced Applesauce Muffins in Country Woman February/March 2009, p30
Reviews for Spiced Applesauce Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2009
"I am not a fan of muffins, however I have made these 4 times in the past three weeks. I used dried cranberries in place of the raisins. This is REALLY good. They warm up nicely too."