Spiced Apple Tea Recipe
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 cups water
- 5 individual tea bags
- Additional cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Strain juice mixture, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Stir into tea. Serve warm, with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 47 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Spiced Apple Tea
"As is, I give this recipe 3 stars. It was okay, but before I took that first sip I was expecting a tad more sweetness, which I thought would come from the apple juice. I loved the idea of not having to add sugar, but after tasting it I knew that was the only way I would be able to drink it. I ended up adding about 1/4 cup of sugar and it was perfect for my taste."
"This is a delicious tea and one my family loves hot. It's good for cold days and makes my family very happy. It's a keeper, for sure."