Spiced Apple Tea Recipe
“I love to try new recipes for my husband and our friends. This spiced tea is one of our favorites. I like to serve it warm or refrigerate and serve it cold, too.” Sharon Delaney-Chronis - South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 cups water
- 5 individual tea bags
- Additional cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Strain juice mixture, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Stir into tea. Serve warm, with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup equals 47 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC