“I love to try new recipes for my husband and our friends. This spiced tea is one of our favorites. I like to serve it warm or refrigerate and serve it cold, too.” Sharon Delaney-Chronis - South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3 cups water
- 5 individual tea bags
- Additional cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, cloves and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Strain juice mixture, discarding cloves and cinnamon. Stir into tea. Serve warm, with additional cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Apple Tea in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p49
Reviews for Spiced Apple Tea
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review