Spiced Apple Sundaes Recipe
This dessert was inspired by my son, Logan, who commented one day that it was too bad it took so long to make apple pie. Cinnamon and all spice add warm, spicy flavor to the tender apples and golden raisins in this dessertit tastes like an apple pie without the crust.Kathie Morris, Redmond, Oregon
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Vanilla ice cream
- Granola or toasted wheat germ, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and cook over medium heat until the apples are tender. Remove from the heat; mash apples slightly. Let stand for 20 minutes. Serve over ice cream. Sprinkle with granola if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Apple Sundaes in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p7
Reviews for Spiced Apple Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review