Spiced Apple Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds), trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, cut into lengthwise strips
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. Cut slits in top of roast; insert garlic strips. Combine the flour, mustard, salt, sugar and pepper; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Combine the applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and cloves; generously brush over roast during the last 30 minutes of baking. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (5 ounces) equals 180 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer