Spiced Apple Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds), trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, cut into lengthwise strips
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cut slits in top of roast; insert garlic strips. Combine the flour, mustard, salt, sugar and pepper; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Combine the applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and cloves; generously brush over roast during the last 30 minutes of baking. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spiced Apple Pork Roast
Sort By :
"This is one of my go to recipes..requested often and loved by all who try it!! Its easy and yields GREAT results!!"
"This is my go-to recipe when it comes to roasting pork. All the different steps make for a very juicy, tasty pork roast."
"delicious, juicy and moist. The mustard and the vinegar paired with the apple sauce, brown sugar, and cloves made a very delicious dish with contrasting flavors of sweet and sour. I served this dish with country potato pancakes. I think this is a dish that I shall make again and again. Just make sure to let your pork roast rest for several minutes so it retains its juiciness. This would be a great dish to impress your guests at a holiday dinner."