Spiced Apple Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine egg and apples; add to flour mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For sauce, in a small nonstick saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add water; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Serve with warm apple dessert. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Apple Dessert
Sort By :
This is perhaps the best recipe I have found. It was super easy to make. I baked it a little over thirty minutes till the cake firmed up enough. The sauce was very good. I definitely will use it with other things. My family was surprised to find this cake had no butter or oil. It was so rich and moist, yet comforting in texture and body. I can't say enough about how good it is! Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I plan to make often.
I had a whole bunch of apples I needed to use before they went bad. This was the perfect recipe and a hit for the company we had over.
Great-tasting down-home dessert! Easy, too!
Absolutely amazing! Made as written with pecans in place of the walnuts. Either part would be wonderful by itself, but together it blows your mind! Caramel sauce is husbands new favorite for anything using caramel. Whole thing is the whole family's favorite!
Yum!! I made this recipe exactly as written (substituting pecans for walnuts). Very moist and delicious! A great comfort dessert for a brisk autumn evening! Plus the house smelled wonderful while it baked!