Spiced Apple-Cranberry Crepes Recipe
"I'm a newlywed and I love to make up recipes. I created this one when having friends over for brunch during the winter. It is so creamy and delicious!" Shannon Oetter, Chicago, Illinois
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, sugar, pie spice, orange peel and lavender in butter until fruit is tender. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 4. Spread each crepe with 2 teaspoons cheese; top with 3 tablespoons apple mixture and roll up. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 11 servings.
2 filled crepes equals 337 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC