"I'm a newlywed and I love to make up recipes. I created this one when having friends over for brunch during the winter. It is so creamy and delicious!" Shannon Oetter, Chicago, Illinois
- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, sugar, pie spice, orange peel and lavender in butter until fruit is tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread each crepe with 2 teaspoons cheese; top with 3 tablespoons apple mixture and roll up. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Apple-Cranberry Crepes in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p30
Reviews for Spiced Apple-Cranberry Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
"Made these for dessert when friends came over one Friday evening. Excellent!!"