- 6 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the apples, cranberries, sugar, pie spice, orange peel and lavender in butter until fruit is tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spread each crepe with 2 teaspoons cheese; top with 3 tablespoons apple mixture and roll up. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Apple-Cranberry Crepes in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p30
Reviews for Spiced Apple-Cranberry Crepes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
Made these for dessert when friends came over one Friday evening. Excellent!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >