Spiced Apple Cider Recipe
When the temperature drops outside, I like to warm up family and friends with steaming mugs of simple spiced cider. The recipe can easily be doubled for a larger group.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 8 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 lemon peel strips
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 slices red apple, cored and cut in half
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, lemon peel and nutmeg. Insert a clove into each apple slice; add to cider.
- 2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Discard lemon peel. Ladle into mugs. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 95 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC