Spiced Apple Cider
When the temperature drops outside, I like to warm up family and friends with steaming mugs of simple spiced cider. The recipe can easily be doubled for a larger group.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 8 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 lemon peel strips
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 slices red apple, cored and cut in half
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, lemon
- peel and nutmeg. Insert a clove into each apple slice; add to cider.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 1 minute. Discard lemon peel. Ladle into mugs.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 95 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.