When the temperature drops outside, I like to warm up family and friends with steaming mugs of simple spiced cider. The recipe can easily be doubled for a larger group.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 8 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 lemon peel strips
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 slices red apple, cored and cut in half
- In a large saucepan, combine the apple cider, cinnamon sticks, lemon peel and nutmeg. Insert a clove into each apple slice; add to cider.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 minute. Discard lemon peel. Ladle into mugs. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spiced Apple Cider in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p101
Reviews for Spiced Apple Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review