Spiced Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 45 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- CINNAMON SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Red Hots candies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon over cream cheese mixture. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cheesecake from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; cool completely.
- Remove rim from pan. Drizzle sauce over cheesecake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Spiced Apple Cheesecake
Sort By :
Very good and quite easy.
I made this in my 9-1/2 inch spring-form. My cheesecake cracked, but no one seemed to mind, and the apple chunks kind of disguised the cracking. The sauce got mixed reviews, but we agreed the cheesecake was good--but maybe we'd prefer a caramel sauce over the top.
I think I cooked the topping too long but it was still great. Would make this again. The Ginger Snap cookies in the crust really set it off from just being a cheesecake.
I made this for a church potluck and it was all gone! :) Everyone loved it.