Spiced Apple-Carrot Casserole Recipe
Fresh carrots and crisp apples combine for wonderful flavor in this unusual casserole with sugar-and-spice goodness. What a nice addition to a special meal!—Barbara Waltz, Cinnaminson, New Jersey
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ginger and nutmeg.
- 2. In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the apples and carrots. Sprinkle with half of the brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender and carrots are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 56 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Spiced Apple-Carrot Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC