Spiced Apple Butter Recipe
- 8 medium apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark molasses
- 2-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the apples, apple cider, brown sugar, molasses, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until mixture reaches a thick, spreadable consistency, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in raisins and lemon peel. Cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Spiced Apple Butter(3)
Sort By :
This is the best apple butter I have tasted. I love the addition of molasses to it, gives it a special flavor. Will definitely be making this again.
Excellent! Not too sweet. Good mix of spices, great flavor.
I really like this recipe...it is scrumpious and so easy to put together. I wasn't sure about the molasses but I found great flavor. I will use this recipe again as I like to do homemade gifts from the kitchen.