Spiced Apple Bagel Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 honey-wheat or plain bagel, split
- 3 tablespoons chopped apple
- 4 teaspoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Spread cream cheese on bagel halves. Top with apple and raisins. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over the top. Place on a baking sheet; broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 1 servings.
One serving (1 each) (prepared with honey-wheat bagel and fat-free cream cheese) equals 255 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 513 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.