Spiced Apple-Apricot Chutney Recipe
Your home will be infused with a fabulous aroma while you're making this nicely spiced fruit chutney. Serve it on the side as an accompaniment for your entree. I love to spread leftovers on turkey slices or on a hot roll.Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 5 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 3 cups chopped fresh apricots
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer 35-45 minutes longer or until mixture reaches desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Spiced Apple-Apricot Chutney in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p51
Reviews for Spiced Apple-Apricot Chutney(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review