Spiced Ambrosia Punch Recipe
Inspired by the spices in Chai, I love this unique twist on basic spiced cider punch. It's so easy to make and everyone seems wonderfully surprised by the apricot and peach twist.—Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup peach nectar or additional apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 whole cloves
- Lemon or orange slices, optional
- 1. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Place cinnamon sticks, ginger, orange peel and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place bag in slow cooker.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Remove and discard spice bag. Serve warm, with lemon slices, if desired. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 115 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC