Inspired by the spices in Chai, I love this unique twist on basic spiced cider punch. It's so easy to make and everyone seems wonderfully surprised by the apricot and peach twist.—Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup peach nectar or additional apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 whole cloves
- Lemon or orange slices, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Place cinnamon sticks, ginger, orange peel and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Place bag in slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through. Remove and discard spice bag. Serve warm, with lemon slices, if desired. Yield: 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Spiced Ambrosia Punch in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p86
Reviews for Spiced Ambrosia Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review