Spiced Almond Butter Candy Recipe
Roasted almonds and almond butter take center stage in this delectable candy, but the cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice really come through. Every batch I make disappears in a flash. —Laura McDowell, Lake Villa, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:56 servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups almond butter
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter. In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and allspice; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Using a pastry brush dipped in water, wash down the sides of the pan to eliminate sugar crystals. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat. Immediately stir in almond butter mixture and baking soda. Spread into prepared pan. Cool completely. Break candy into pieces. Drizzle with chocolate. Let stand at room temperature until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 pounds.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC