Spiced Almond Butter Candy Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups almond butter
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips or 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with butter. In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and allspice; set aside.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Using a pastry brush dipped in water, wash down the sides of the pan to eliminate sugar crystals. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat. Immediately stir in almond butter mixture and baking soda. Spread into prepared pan. Cool completely. Break candy into pieces. Drizzle with chocolate. Let stand at room temperature until set. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3-1/2 pounds.
Reviews for Spiced Almond Butter Candy
"When making make sure that you have an extra hand to help stir the mix as you are pouring into the hot syrup. It really is thick. I found the candy very tasty. We did not put the chocolate on as it tasted great without it. I did find this more soft than I anticipated. I thought it would be more of a brittle texture, but it was softer and easier to break. Have to see what my friends think this Christmas when they eat it whether I will make again. It is an expensive recipe."