Spiced Acorn Squash Recipe
"Working full-time, I found I didn't always have time to cook the meals my family loved. So I re-created many of our favorites in the slow cooker," notes Carol Greco of Centereach, New York. "This cinnamony treatment for squash is one of them."
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 small acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; spoon into squash halves. Sprinkle with raisins. Top each with 1 tablespoon butter. Wrap each half individually in heavy-duty foil, sealing tightly.
- 2. Pour water into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place squash in slow cooker, cut side up (packets may be stacked). Cook, covered, on high 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until squash is tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 433 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Spiced Acorn Squash
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC