Spice Spritz Cookies
Tempting at a tea party or on any cookie tray, these crisp confections have a tantalizing twistyou perk them up with pumpkin pie spice!
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix
- well. Combine the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored
- sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to
- brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.