Spice Spritz Cookies Recipe
Tempting at a tea party or on any cookie tray, these crisp confections have a tantalizing twist—you perk them up with pumpkin pie spice!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Red and green colored sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 105 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC