- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Spice Spritz Cookies
"Decent cookie, but there was very little spice taste in these. I had no trouble using them in my cookie press as others did. Will try these again, adding a bit more spice."
"These are by far my favorite cookies. Everybody loves them and they are super easy. It helps if you chill the baking sheets instead of the dough (makes it easier to press but the cookies hold their shape)"
"The flavor of these cookies was very nice. I had trouble getting them to work in my cookie press. I chilled the dough but that didn's seem to help. I ended up rolling them into balls, flattened them with a glass and sprinkled colored sugar atop."