We eat this salmon a lot, along with couscous and fresh veggies. Even my two-year-old devours it. —Lyndsay Rensing, Katy, Texas
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix the first 10 ingredients. Rub fillets with seasoning mixture; drizzle with oil.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side up. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 4-6 minutes longer or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spice-Rubbed Salmon in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spice-Rubbed Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 15, 2015
"This is a fantastic spice rub for salmon. My husband requests it every time I mention having salmon."