Spice-Rubbed Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked semi-boneless ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whole cloves
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Combine the mustard, brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; rub over surface of ham. Insert a clove in each diamond.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Cover and bake 1-3/4 to 2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Cover loosely with foil if ham browns too quickly. Discard cloves. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 24 servings.
3 ounces cooked ham: 139 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Spice-Rubbed Ham
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.