Bernice Morris from Marshfield, Missouri sent in her aunt's recipe for a moist spiced dessert with plenty of raisins. It's so satisfying you won't know the sugar was replaced with sweetener. -Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
Featured In: 23 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Spice Fix
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Liquid artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook raisins and water until water is absorbed. Transfer to a bowl; add applesauce, oil, egg substitute, sweetener and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to applesauce mixture and stir well. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Spice Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p45
Reviews for Spice Raisin Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2008
"I know NOT what liquid sweetner is....what is it and where do you get it?"