Bernice Morris from Marshfield, Missouri sent in her aunt's recipe for a moist spiced dessert with plenty of raisins. It's so satisfying you won't know the sugar was replaced with sweetener. -Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- Liquid artificial sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook raisins and water until water is absorbed. Transfer to a bowl; add applesauce, oil, egg substitute, sweetener and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to applesauce mixture and stir well. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Spice Cake in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p45
Reviews for Spice Raisin Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2008
"I know NOT what liquid sweetner is....what is it and where do you get it?"