Four ingredients are all Sally Geipel needs to bake up a batch of these lovely light-as-air muffins that make a sweet breakfast treat. "They're my son's favorite and so simple to make," says the Franklin, Wisconsin cook.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill 24 greased
- or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to wire
- racks. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine
- sugar and cinnamon. Dip top of warm puffs in butter, then in
- cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.