Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon each ground ginger and cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- PUMPKIN DIP:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill overnight.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For dip, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in pumpkin pie filling. Add the sugar, cinnamon and ginger and mix well. Serve with cookies. Store leftover dip in the refrigerator. Yield: about 20 dozen (3 cups dip).
Reviews for Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip
Sort By :
These were really good but mine came out FLAT? WHY? It's like too much liquid. Please if you have a answer ????
Amazing! These cookies stay soft forever! They taste like a mini pumpkin pie with gingerbread crust.
I have been making these for several years around Thanksgiving time. They have become a tradition as my nieces say. They freeze well, too.
This has been a favorite in my home since it originally came out in the magazine in 1995.
Every time i makes these they are gone before i know it absolutely delicious