- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon each ground ginger and cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- PUMPKIN DIP:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill overnight.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For dip, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in pumpkin pie filling. Add the sugar, cinnamon and ginger and mix well. Serve with cookies. Store leftover dip in the refrigerator. Yield: about 20 dozen (3 cups dip).
Reviews for Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip
Sort By :
"These cookies are amazing, and the dip is good too. I make them often without the dip and my family loves them. Definitely a keeper!"
"Made these for the holidays, as I thought the dip would add class to a cookie dessert. Didn't need the dip.. Everyone loved the cookie on it's own, and I had lots of dip left over.. Next time I think I will pass on the dip, although I personally had the dip and it was good."
"I've been making these during the holidays for about 5 yrs but I,(somehow!!), lost my recipe. I've been frantically searching the internet--the other recipes I found were similar but not quite right ... until I saw this one. Thank you for sharing! These cookies & dip are AMAZING. TIP: to keep the dip from being lumpy (from the cream cheese) make sure your ingredients are room temp. Any colder and you might have lumps - you want your cream cheese to be nice and soft. I've even microwaved mine for a few seconds, (no more), to make certain it was very mushy. Once the dip is mixed well you can refrigerate it with no problems."
"Love these cookies by themselves and the dip takes them over the top. This is always great for holiday gatherings. YUMMY!"
"The dip should be 1 cup not two of the pumpkin pie filling otherwise the consistency is too runny and the cream cheese is lumpy."