Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon each ground ginger and cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- PUMPKIN DIP:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill overnight.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For dip, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in pumpkin pie filling. Add the sugar, cinnamon and ginger and mix well. Serve with cookies. Store leftover dip in the refrigerator. Yield: about 20 dozen (3 cups dip).
Reviews for Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip
Sort By :
"The dip should be 1 cup not two of the pumpkin pie filling otherwise the consistency is too runny and the cream cheese is lumpy."
"I made these cookies without the Pumpkin Dip. They got raves from everyone!"
"Fantastic and easy to make. Thanks for sharing"
"Very good. Took these to a party. Everyone loved it."
"A really nice tasting cookie! I found the dough quite soft to work with but still doable. The dip is nice, but maybe a pinch of cloves would have gave it a nice zing. Day 2: Took these to work today. Everyone raved about these cookies. The dip thickened in the fridge overnight and the flavours blended nicely together."