- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- PUMPKIN DIP:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups canned pumpkin pie mix
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine next six ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill overnight.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls; roll in additional sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until edges begin to brown, about 6 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For dip, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pumpkin pie mix. Add confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and ginger; mix well. Serve with cookies. Refrigerate leftover dip. Yield: about 20 dozen (3 cups dip).
Reviews for Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip
"I love these!!!!! The dip too!"
"These cookies are amazing, and the dip is good too. I make them often without the dip and my family loves them. Definitely a keeper!"
"Made these for the holidays, as I thought the dip would add class to a cookie dessert. Didn't need the dip.. Everyone loved the cookie on it's own, and I had lots of dip left over.. Next time I think I will pass on the dip, although I personally had the dip and it was good."
"I've been making these during the holidays for about 5 yrs but I,(somehow!!), lost my recipe. I've been frantically searching the internet--the other recipes I found were similar but not quite right ... until I saw this one. Thank you for sharing! These cookies & dip are AMAZING. TIP: to keep the dip from being lumpy (from the cream cheese) make sure your ingredients are room temp. Any colder and you might have lumps - you want your cream cheese to be nice and soft. I've even microwaved mine for a few seconds, (no more), to make certain it was very mushy. Once the dip is mixed well you can refrigerate it with no problems."
"Love these cookies by themselves and the dip takes them over the top. This is always great for holiday gatherings. YUMMY!"
"The dip should be 1 cup not two of the pumpkin pie filling otherwise the consistency is too runny and the cream cheese is lumpy."
"I made these cookies without the Pumpkin Dip. They got raves from everyone!"
"Fantastic and easy to make. Thanks for sharing"
"Very good. Took these to a party. Everyone loved it."
"A really nice tasting cookie! I found the dough quite soft to work with but still doable. The dip is nice, but maybe a pinch of cloves would have gave it a nice zing. Day 2: Took these to work today. Everyone raved about these cookies. The dip thickened in the fridge overnight and the flavours blended nicely together."