Spice Baked Rice Recipe
A close family friend shared this recipe with me years ago. It makes a filling main course or serve it as a side dish with a meaty entree.—Kim Kolb Dague, Huntsville, Alabama
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 908 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Spice Baked Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC