A close family friend shared this recipe with me years ago. It makes a filling main course or serve it as a side dish with a meaty entree.—Kim Kolb Dague, Huntsville, Alabama
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next eight ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Spice Baked Rice in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p205
Reviews for Spice Baked Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review