- and garlic in oil. Add the parsnips, carrots, potatoes, onion,
- tomatoes, 1 cup broth, ketchup, herbs and remaining Worcestershire
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining broth until smooth.
- Gradually stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours. Add the corn and peas.
- Cover and bake 30-45 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 513 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 887 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.