Speedy Weeknight Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Weeknight Chili
Sort By :
"I have made this for years in prep. For our annual pumpkin cut party.I agree when reheating.......use more beer.. It feeds many!"
"This was really easy to make,and that's a plus. But I thought it was rather bland with a little too much tomato flavor. When I heated up the leftovers, it was even more bland. It's not bad or gross, just bland. If I were to make it again, I might just stir in a chili seasoning pack. It makes a lot, and it's filling for the amount of calories in a serving, also a plus."
"Prepared the recipe almost as is...substituted 2 cans (16 ounces each) of diced tomatoes for the Crushed tomatoes as I didn't have the Crushed tomatoes on hand. I also omitted the green pepper and the hot pepper sauce as I prepared this for my children and I and they don't care for green peppers or spicy foods."
"This has been my favorite chili recipe for years now. I get requests for it all the time. I do add more garlic and usually a bit more salt at the end (after tasting). I also add a can or corn to the recipe. I agree with the other reviewer, the sour cream and cheese is a must do. For heating up the next day add more beer. The beer flavor of this chili makes it a winner every time!!!!"
"I delieted the beer,garlic, oregano,stewed tomatoes and paste and pepper sauce and added a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes and 1 small can of tomato sauce with 2 cups of water and let simmer down to desired consistency"