Speedy Weeknight Chili Recipe
"Super-easy and great-tasting, this chili makes a big batch of great party fare. I use my food processor to chop up the veggies and cut down on prep time. It’s also very tasty and lower in fat when made with ground turkey breast," says Cynthia Hudson of Greenville, South Carolina.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 15 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 154 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC