"This fresh-tasting soup is packed with colorful nutritious vegetables," writes Vera Bathurst of Rogue River, Oregon. "I've recommended it to my friends for years."
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 cans (one 49 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 11 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Speedy Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p17
Reviews for Speedy Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review