Speedy Taco Feast Recipe
My two teenagers enjoy the taco taste of this hearty main dish, and I appreciate the fact that there's no mess. We like to eat it on cool fall days or snowy winter nights.—Janice Steimer, Rochester, New York
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, water, salsa and corn; cook and stir until heated through, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions. Spoon batter evenly over cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the corn bread comes out clean. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Speedy Taco Feast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC